Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kevin vs. Bowerman (Kevin wins!)

I really enjoyed Kevin's short, sweet, to the point guide to collection development and think it will be a great learning tool for new staff. Kenny Moore, much like his book, made me a little drowsy, but I think it is very cool that there are so many ways and formats to access information. Podcast and YouTube really do that.

It's funny: I remember being in a library science class just last year, and when the subject of YouTube came up, I'd say less than half of the library students knew what it was. That was only a year or so ago! My favorite YouTube series to date is Brotherhood 2.o, where the author of teen book Looking For Alaska John Green and his brother communicate throughout the year only through YouTube. It gets a little goofy after awhile, but YouTube certainly provides people with a creative outlet.

Am I done? Huh? Huh? Do I get my cool prize now? December is all about Holiday/Birthday greed for me! Oh, and Christmas spirit.

No comments: